If I could run for office, here are some of the ‘propuestas‘ I would run on.
As part of a plan to make Yucatan the most ecology-friendly state in the country:
- An immediate ‘hold’ on all ongoing construction permits to review and if necessary, include, greater ‘green’ areas in all housing developments. A swing set and a palm tree on a minuscule corner lot do not a ‘park’ make, nor do they provide the beneficial temperature controlling effects of a larger, more generous ‘green’ area. All future construction permits subject to increased allocation of space to ‘green’ areas.
- A real ‘reforestation’ campaign, emphasizing replanting of vegetation indigenous to the area. No more palm trees and grass. This is not Miami.
- No more golf courses.
- Increase the budget for inspection and control of all well and water drilling activity in the state. The water is being contaminated at an alarming rate and soon it will be useless.
- Immediate implementation of a tax credit for all purchasers of hybrid vehicles.
- Promote installation of plastic and glass recycling plants to reduce soda and beer bottle garbage, which is part of the landscape now. All soda and beer bottlers in the state must either offer a refund for their bottles, or pay a tax in lieu of. No exceptions. Out of state bottlers must pay tax which will be used to pay refund to the general public on bottles collected.
- Invest in solar technology in order to have most state government buildings run by solar power by 2020.
- Tax credits for homeowners who install solar or alternative energy in their homes.
- Tax credits for homeowners who plant indigenous vegetation on their properties.
- Any and all Yucatan state taxes to be rolled into one flat tax.
- Push for the federal IVA tax to be applied to everything, as well as pushing for a flat federal income tax.
- Eliminate tenencia tax on autombile purchases for all hybrid and 4 cylinder models.
- Increase vehicle tax on 6 cylinder models and a maximum tax on 8 cylinder models.
- Tax credit (percentage based on vehicle purchase price, used or new) for purchases of hybrid vehicles.
How am I doing so far?