The Critic is pleased to report that what is arguably the the best panucheria in the Yucatan, La Susana Internacional, continues to maintain that which makes it so good in the Critic’s humble opinion:
- friendly service from quirky waiters;
- overflowing and oversized panuchos and salbutes;
- caldos loaded to the rim with actual shredded roasted pavo aka turkey;
- delcious, crunchy and chewy chicharra (pork rinds);
- refreshing natural fruit (and nutritious chaya) drinks
- amazingly accessible prices;
- that friendly parking lot guy.
In addition, La Susana Internacional, located just across from the El Chisme II store in beautiful (ok maybe a little less than beautiful) downtown Kanasin, had, on this most recent visit at 11 om on a Saturday night, an hipil-clad hostess to welcome patrons and there was a shiny, brand-new menu complete with package combo suggestions for 2 to 8 people.
Still haven’t been there? What on Chaac’s good earth are you waiting for?